Friday, March 19, 2010

Week 8 thoughts

What I learned:

Well spring break was nice but back to it. I learned to go at my own pace to accomplish things. I think I was the second to last one to finish sensor project 2, and watching everyone get going on the robotics stuff really had me anxious to try to rush to get my sensor finished. I did my best to make sure I was doing everything right and not rush through things. Eventually it paid off, my sensor worked well and I was able to start experimenting with the robots.

What got me excited:

Starting with the robots. So far I really enjoy it. The combination of building something and then programming it to do things is really cool to me. As of now I haven't had any trouble yet with the robotics so I'm pumped to keep progressing.

Suggestions:

I just started with the robots so I can't really think of anything that I think should be changed thus far. One thing I really like though is the freedom we have with building and programming the robots. The assignments allow us to choose for ourself the type of robot we want to construct and what we want to program it to do. I think this definitely will help us learn more as we can choose specifically what we want to do and then figure out how to do it, as opposed to being told a specific thing. I'm looking forward to adding my own personal touches to the robot I build and the actions I give it.


1 comment:

  1. Great, Jeremy. Looking forward to seeing you all tackle the challenges.

    ReplyDelete