Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 9 thoughts (oops a little late)

What I learned:

Building and programming the robots is easier than I thought. The intros we went through definitely helped a lot to get me going on how to use the program and integrate it with the robot. Since doing those, I've gotten a good idea of how to do things and now it is just a matter of chugging along to make some robots that do the certain project assignments.



What got me excited:

Getting to the point where I can start working on some of the project assignments. Its cool to be faced with a problem and develop a solution myself, as opposed to getting walked through it by the book or computer program. I pumped to get going.


Suggestions:

It is not an issue right now, but I'm anticipating that doing the work with the robots is going to be pretty time consuming. When compared to the programming with scratch and building the sensors I think that working with the robots is the most difficult topic we cover in this class, so it might make sense to give a little more time for the robot work in the future. However, the class already does devote more time to the robot unit so maybe its not a problem at all. Just something I thought about that could come up as we progress with our work with the robots.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the later reply (and late post). The lab is available outside class. With Scratch you worked at home with the robots it is harder. However, you can come in on other times and accomplish more. Does this make sense?

    ReplyDelete