Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 10 thoughts

What I learned:

Not to get ahead of myself. As I began working on the first project (basketball drill) I began trying to write the entire program all at once and then test it out. Obviously that was stupid. After doing something like that anytime something went wrong in a test it would be difficult to figure out where exactly the problem was. I learned to slow down and take things step by step, building each piece of the program at once then testing to make sure it worked. Only after I had made sure everything was working fine did I move on to continue developing the program.

What got me excited:

Starting the first project. Finally got going on it and it really pumped me up to start doing everything completely on my own as opposed to basing programs off of what was in the tutorials. I also am getting ready to build a robot to go with the first challenge, so I'm excited to try to make one that can maximize its speed and hopefully do well in the basketball drill challenge.




Suggestions for future:

Can't think of much at the moment but one of the things that I really like about the projects we are doing is that there is a bit of a competition with everyone else to see whos robot is most efficient. I like seeing the fastest times and stuff up on the board because it motivates me to try to develop my program to work as best as possible. Definitely something that should be kept as part of the projects for the future.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jeremy. It helps me see what works best as we keep improving this class. Thanks, Emmanuel

    ReplyDelete