Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 12 Thoughts

What I learned:

Stick to the basics to start. When I programmed my robot for the line runner challenge I was building the program for the standard slow moving crawler bot that we used for all of the learning exercises. As soon as I finished the program and the bot was doing the line runner challenge successfully I got all excited to start building a fast robot to try to get a good time for the challenge. Emmanuel suggested I complete the challenge with the slow robot first while I knew everything was working just in case I ran into any problems trying it with the fast robot. It is a good thing he told me to do that because after trying to build a fast robot to do it I had to spend a great deal of time fixing the timing of the program because the fast robot reacted differently with the lines. It was a good reminder to not get ahead of myself and take things one at a time.

What got me excited:

For all of this class so far I have enjoyed working by myself on the projects. Most of the things we have done in class I have never done before so it is especially rewarding when I complete them all on my own. That being said, I am very excited to work on the underwater submersible with Stacy. I was a little wary about having a go and the underwater ROV but now that I know Stacy and I are going to work together on it I think we will be able to do it. Should be fun.

Suggestions:

Can't think of much but I'm sure things will come up once we start work on the ROV.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great feedback. Looking forward to see your AUV!

    ReplyDelete