Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 13 Thoughts

What I learned:

Use others as a resource. Stacy and I started our AUV this week a little behind everyone else, but the good thing about that is that we got to see what works and what doesn't it terms of constructing the AUV. Some of the other groups ran in to some problems with things and we were able to avoid these mistakes by talking with them and Jim to figure out an alternative solution. This has definitely helped us catch up to everyone else.

What got me excited:

Building the AUV. Stacy and I are flying through it. We have everything set up, basically the only thing left to do is finish wiring two of the motors then mount them and test it all out. I'm sure after testing we are going to run into problems but so far so good! I was very worried that we wouldn't have enough time to complete the project but I now think that we are going to be able to get everything working in time. I'm definitely pretty proud of what we have done so far.

Suggestions:

Like I mentioned above it has really helped us to communicate with other groups to figure out what works and what doesn't. I think in the future it is important to encourage all of the groups to help each other out with this. Kevin's group and Sam's group have kind of been competing throughout this project and both of them have run into problems. Stacy and I are open to working with anyone and so far it is working well for us. Just something I have noticed.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me that the other groups have helped each other a lot as well. They just got to figure out more problem as they got there, since we have never done it before. There is a lot more learning going on when you have to debug stuff, have you have seen yourself with the programming. It is frustrating but extremely rewarding. Looking forward to seeing your AUV dive! -Emmanuel

    ReplyDelete