Friday, February 5, 2010

Week 4 thoughts

What got me excited:

My pool game is moving along slowly but surely. It really sounds like such a simple project, but there are so many things interacting that the coding actually is getting pretty complex. I am trying to stick to the fundamentals for now and get the foundation working before I keep building it up. Right now I think that I have all of the basic functions figured out of how to get two balls to interact with each other, the wall, the cue, etc. Now its just a matter of adding on to this so that a full set of balls can do this at once. Hopefully now that the basis is down the rest of the project shouldn't get too complicated.


What I learned:

While its nice to concentrate on one thing at a time, I think I need to remember that there is more than one thing going on at once. I was getting pretty into developing my pool project but I wish I had taken some time out of that to work with the circuits at some point in the past two weeks. At least my pool project is moving along well and hopefully I'll be able to jump right into the sensor and circuit stuff once I'm done with that. I'm going to make sure I read all of the handouts on the web so I'm ready to go right away with a good idea of what I need to do.


What I would change:

We were on our own this week being pretty independent with our work without class meetings, so I don't really have any suggestions for things that should change. I'm excited to keep plugging away with the pool project for next weeks presentation, and then to switch gears and start working with sensors.

1 comment:

  1. Try to keep things simple and modular. It will help in the debugging.

    ReplyDelete